The Web Producer produces writes stories for both arkansasmatters.com and fox16.com, cuts and uploads video, produces unique content and updates social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produces content across all platforms.
- Writes stories.
- Cuts and uploads video.
- Produces unique content and multimedia.
- Updates social media accounts.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum two years' experience in news operations. (More or less depending on market size.)
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Web Producer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the News Producer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
If interested, mail or email resume to: Austin Kellerman, KARK-TV 1401 W. Capitol Ave. Suite 104 Little Rock, AR 72201