Although there is no guaranteed way to prevent cancer, people can reduce their risk (chance) of developing cancer by:
- Not using tobacco products
- Choosing foods with less fat and eating more vegetables, fruits, and whole grains
- Exercising regularly and maintaining a lean weight
- Avoiding the harmful rays of the sun, using sunscreen, and wearing clothing that protects the skin
- Talking with a doctor about the possible benefits of drugs proven to reduce the risk of certain cancers
Copyright 2013 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved.