The family says they only had time to wake up sleeping children by the time the flames had engulfed the kitchen.
You can hardly even see the broken stove that started a fire early Sunday morning at the home on Oak Street.
Soot covered the kitchen floor-to-ceiling.
Family members said they hardly had time to wake sleeping children before the flames spread.
"When we came back the ceiling and all that was on fire," said Kaylon Brown who said his family now has no where to stay.
They sat waiting across the street from the burned out home for the red cross to offer help.
"I jumped in my car and came over to check and see if everyone was alright," said Famella Turner who is the grandmother to the children. She heard about the fire and raced right over."They got out of there in time thank God," she said. "I was stressed out trying to get to them."
For now the family will work on cleaning up the mess, but at this point the family isn't sure how long they will be displaced by this accident.