SPRINGDALE, AR (KNWA) - Springdale fire crews put out a house fire and rescued family pets Tuesday afternoon.
Two people were inside the home at the corner of Sherman St. and Davis Ave. in Springdale when the fire started.
The flames ignited on the ground near the house, but fire crews say the wind blew the blaze into the carport.
Neighbors spotted the fire and got the people (who were sleeping) out.
According to the fire department, the family dogs who were also inside the home had to be resuscitated by firefighters.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.