EL DORADO, AR (KTVE) - An RV fire has claimed the life of an 8-year-old boy.
Officials with the El Dorado Fire Department say it happened just before 3 a.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East 4th Street.
When crews arrived on the scene, the RV was engulfed in flames.
When the fire was put out, firefighters found the body of Jack Tyler Gilmore.
Investigators believe the fire was sparked by a faulty heat source.
The victim's mother, who suffered smoke inhalation, was taken to the Medical Center of South Arkansas for treatment.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.