LITTLE ROCK, AR - Chef Franklin Dye with US Foods shares two more recipes with us.
CHICKEN and DUMPLINGS
- 4 each boneless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 packages biscuit dough
- Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.
- Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on high.
- About 30 minutes before serving, place the biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.
- Serve when ready.
GREEN CHILE SOUP
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- ½ cup chopped fresh green chilies peppers
- 1 5-oz. can chunk chicken
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 10.75 oz. can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 ¼ cups half and half
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Sauté onion until transparent.
- Stir in the garlic, green chilies, chicken meat, and cumin. Cook for one minute to blend the flavors.
- Stir in the cream of chicken soup and half and half. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle hot soup into bowls. Top with cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.