LITTLE ROCK, AR - The countdown to the 2015 Little Rock Marathon is officially under way after race organizers unveil the theme (see embedded video below) for next year's event.
This will be the 13th running of the marathon in "Little Rock, Arrrrkansas" (the 2015 theme is pirates).
The race will be on March 1. Registration begins on Friday, Aug. 1 for the marathon, half marathon, 10K, 5K and kids marathon.
For the 2015 race there will be:
- New spectator friendly USATF certified courses
- New start line location
- New start time
- New post race celebration in Athlete’s Village immediately following your finish
- New Jaguar™ RFID Race Timing System and disposable timing chips
Other marathon highlights:
- Award winning medals for all finishers
- Boston Marathon qualifier
- Very Walker friendly
- 8 hour time limit
- Loads of volunteers with plenty of southern hospitality
Click here for more information on the race.
Click here for information on the official marathon training program, sponsored in part by KARK.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.