Governor Mike Beebe will speak at a Veterans Day ceremony hosted by the Arkansas Department of Veterans Affairs at 11 a.m. in downtown Little Rock's River Market. The 106th Army Band is also set to perform.
Here's a rundown of other Veterans Day ceremonies planned in Central Arkansas Monday:
- Veterans Day Ceremony at 2 p.m. at the North Little Rock Veterans Memorial in Laman Plaza. Mayor Joe Smith will speak
- Those who have been members of the American Legion for a half century will be honored as part of a 1 p.m. ceremony at the M.M. Ebberts American Legion Post 1 in Little Rock
- Jacksonville High's choir hosts a Veterans Day concert at 9 p.m. at the Jacksonville Museum of Military History
- Maumelle hosts a Veterans Day ceremony at 4 p.m. at its Veterans Memorial at Lake Willastein
- Academics Plus Charter School in Maumelle will dedicate its new flagpole to honor veterans at 2 p.m.
- An 11 a.m. ceremony is planned in Cabot at its American Legion Armory. Rep. Rick Crawford is set to speak
Know an event that's not on the list? Email us and we'll add it!
KARK is also honoring veterans on our Facebook page through a special "I Like Vets" photo gallery. To submit a photo of a veteran in your life, just head over to our Facebook page and post a pic to our wall.