"We just want to thank God for the moments we had," said father Bobby King.
Early Friday morning, 3-year-old Jayshawn and his brother, 2-year-old Trayshawn, died in a house fire on Highway 7 in Sparkman.
"They never did meet a stranger," said Bobby.
Dallas County deputies say after strong storms knocked out power to the area, the family lit a candle.
They thought they put it out before going to sleep, but investigators say it was still burning.
"Thr floor was on fire and I woke my husband up,"said Tia.
The couple tried to put the fire out while trying to find their boys.
Bobby hurt his arm breaking a window.
"We tried to look through all the rooms in the house, but they weren't saying nothing," said Tia.
The two boys perished in the fire.
Bobby and Tia, along with their 12-year-old daughter, got out safely.
"I thank god my wife is here and my daughter is here, but them boys I'm going to really miss them," said Bobby.
Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.