Summer Heat Finally Arrives in Arkansas
LITTLE ROCK, AR - A heat advisory is in effect for parts of Arkansas from 11 a.m. today through 7 p.m. tonight as the rest of the week promises to be one of the hottest of the year.
The counties include: Clay, Craighead, Crittenden, Cross, Greene, Lawrence, Lee, Mississippi, Poinsett, Randolph and St. Francis.
As temperatures soar into the upper 90's, heat index readings are expected to average between 105 and 108 degrees in this part of the state.
In other parts of the state, the weather will be hot and humid with heat index values from 100 to 105, mostly between noon and 5 p.m.
Heat Safety Tips
- Stay out of the sun and inside in an air-conditioned room.
- Check on relatives and neighbors to be sure they're keeping cool.
- Give outdoor pets a shady place to rest and plenty of water.
- If you must be outside, take these extra precautions: wear lightweight, loose fitting clothing, drink plenty of water and limit time spent in the heat.
North Little Rock Police say they arrested the man believed to be…
- Freeman was arrested Friday afternoon at an apartment complex in…
The training on Saturday, Saturday night and Sunday morning will…