FAYETTEVILLE, AR (News release) - Four Southeastern Conference championships, the program’s first individual national champion in gymnastics and 112 current or former Razorback student-athletes who earned their college degree, were all part of a phenomenal 2013-14 for Razorback Athletics. Razorback fans can re-live all the team and individual successes on and off the field in the recently released 2013-14 Arkansas Razorbacks Athletics Annual Report.
The 16- page four color publication distributed to Razorback Foundation members and other key constituents, charts the combined accomplishments of more than 460 Razorback student-athletes competing in 19 sports. In addition, a year-in-review video presentation (embedded below, courtesy: ArkansasRazorbacks.com).
“The past year was filled with the remarkable achievements of more than 460 Razorback student-athletes in athletic competition, in the classroom and in our community,” Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics Jeff Long said. “The annual report provides us an opportunity to share our progress and success as we continue to focus on fulfilling our mission of developing our student-athletes academically, athletically and socially. My hope is that as Razorback Foundation members and fans read through the report they will feel the same sense of pride we have in those accomplishments.”
Among the highlights outlined in the 2013-14 Razorbacks Athletics Annual Report:
- Record 3.18 Student-Athlete GPA, the ninth-consecutive semester exceeding 3.0
- 261 Razorback Student-Athletes on the academic honor roll
- 112 current or former Razorbacks graduated in 2013-14, an increase of 81 percent from six years ago
- First NCAA Individual Gymnastics Champion – Katherine Grable (Floor and Vault)
- Four SEC Championships (men’s and women’s cross country, men’s indoor track and field, women’s outdoor track and field)
- 6,532 student-athlete volunteer hours with an estimated impact of $144,629 to the region
- Annual Economic Impact of Razorback Athletics - $153.6 million
- Razorback Athletics Facilities Master Plan – Fred W. Smith Football Center, Fowler Family Baseball and Track Training Center, Basketball Performance Center and Student-Athlete Success Center
- Nike updated brand identity and uniform unveiling
- Razorback Foundation Annual Fund exceeds $20 million for third consecutive year
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.