LITTLE ROCK, AR - Lottery players have millions of reasons to buy a ticket or two today and tomorrow.
The jackpot in Friday's Mega Millions game is up to $353 million ($194 million cash value).
In Tuesday’s Mega Millions drawing there were two (2) players who correctly matched the five white ball numbers correctly and walked away with a $1 Million each.
Arkansas had a total of 13,447 players who won prizes for correctly matching the Mega Ball ($1) to matching four (4) of the white ball numbers drawn correctly ($500) in Tuesday night’s drawing. The Megaplier drawn was four (4X) and one Arkansas player from Little Rock matched the level four prize (Match 4) and purchased the $1 Megaplier option resulting in a $2,000 win. Arkansas also had a $20,000 winner from Redfield who correctly matched the level three prize (Match 4+1) for $5,000 and who also added the $1 Megaplier option to increase the prize won to $20,000.
Mega Millions holds the record for the largest jackpot in North American history. On March 30, 2012, that jackpot of $656 million was split three ways by winning tickets in Kansas, Illinois and Maryland. The record still stands.
The following is a list of the top ten Mega Millions jackpots:
- $656 million – largest jackpot on record - March 30, 2012, winning tickets in Kansas, Illinois and Maryland.
- $648 million - 2nd largest jackpot on record – December 17, 2013, winning tickets in California and Georgia.
- $390 million, March 6, 2007, winning tickets sold in Georgia and New Jersey.
- $380 million, January 4, 2011, winning tickets in Idaho and Washington.
- $336 million, August 28, 2009, winning tickets in California and New York.
- $330 million, August 31, 2007, winning tickets sold in Maryland, New Jersey, Texas and Virginia.
- $319 million, March 25, 2011, one winning ticket in New York.
- $315 million, November 15, 2005, one winning ticket in California.
- $294 million, July 2, 2004, one winning ticket in Massachusetts.
- $275 million, February 22, 2008, one winning ticket in Georgia.
The jackpots start at $15 million and grow by a minimum of $5 million per draw each time the jackpot rolls.
The odds of winning a jackpot prize remain the same whether the jackpot is $15 million or $600 million (1 in 258.9 million), but the odds of winning a prize in the game are just 1 in 14.7 (overall).
From matching just the Mega Ball ($1) all the way to a Match 5 prize of $1 million, thousands of Arkansas players enjoy the winning experience twice a week. On October 19, 2013, Mega Millions introduced a matrix change which was designed to create bigger jackpots, second-tier prizes of up the $5 million with the Megaplier feature, and better overall odds.
Mega Millions is a multi-state jackpot game. Drawings are held at 10 p.m. Central Time every Tuesday and Friday. Five numbered balls are drawn from 1 to 75 and one numbered ball is drawn from 1 to 15. If all numbers match those that are chosen, you win the jackpot, which starts at $15 million and grows until someone wins. If other players match all six numbers, the prize will be shared in equal amounts. Each Mega Millions play is $1. For an additional dollar you can add the Megaplier option to multiply non-jackpot winnings by 2, 3, 4 or 5 times. This game is eligible for Points for Prizes.