They now have until August 18 to gather 15,107 more valid signatures to make the November 2014 General Election ballot.
- Photocopy, not an original;
- Not signed by a Canvasser;
- A petition part signed by more than 1 Canvasser;
- Not signed by a Canvasser under oath;
- Canvasser’s verification dated earlier than the date the petition was signed by a Petitioner;
- Not notarized;
- Lacking a notary seal;
- A petition part is lacking a notary signature or is notarized by more than 1 Notary;
- A forged notary or Canvasser signature;
- A notary notarizing his or her own signature;
- A notary using the Great Seal of Arkansas;
- Failure to attach a legible copy of the entire text of the measure to each Petition sheet containing signatures;
- Failure to attach the popular name and ballot title to each petition sheet containing signatures;
- If litigated, a challenger may claim that the Canvasser failed to sign the affidavit in the presence of the notary;
- If litigated, a challenger may claim that the affidavit of the Canvasser is false.
- A) Solicit and obtain additional signatures;
- B) Submit proof that all or some of the rejected signatures are good and should be counted;
- C) Make the petition more definite or certain.
*The proposed Arkansas Minimum Wage Initiative seeks to increase the state’s minimum wage from $6.25 to $7.50 per hour on January 1, 2015, to $8 on January 1, 2016 and to $8.50 per hour on January 1, 2017.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.