Little Rock, Arkansas -
LITTLE ROCK, AR (News release) - Several changes in fishing regulations have been proposed by the Fisheries Division staff of the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission. If approved, the changes will take effect on Jan. 1.
One proposal is to make the limit on crappie 30 a day except for some individual waters. Presently, the state is divided northwest and southeast with 20 crappie a day the rule for the north and west half of the state and 30 a day the rule in the south and east half.
Other proposed regulation changes for 2015 are:
- Remove creel and slot limits on Grandview Lake No. 1.
- Replace the 13- to 16-inch slot limit for largemouth bass on DeGray Lake with a 13-inch minimum length limit.
- Reduce the daily limit of black bass (largemouth, spotted and smallmouth combined) on DeGray Lake from 10 to 6.
- Change the classification of yellow bass from sport fish to rough fish.
- Establish a 10-inch minimum length limit for crappie on Lake Conway.
- Add Bald Knob Community Pond to the Community Fishing Program Restrictions.
- Add Conway Station Pond to the Community Fishing Program Restrictions.
- Add Lake Keith at Cave Springs to the Community Fishing Program Restrictions.
- Eliminate limb lines for fishing within Buffalo National River.
- Remove the rare silver redhorse from commercial fish species.
- Prohibit the taking or possession of the recently discovered Ouachita streambed salamander.
- Remove double violation points on bass fishing on lakes Monticello, Lower White Oak, Columbia, SWEPCO, Pickthorne and Austell.
- Open Morgan Point Bendway on the Arkansas River to commercial fishing.
- Create a special commercial fishing season on Calion Lake in Union County.
- Close commercial fishing on the Ouachita River upstream from the U.S. Highway 79B bridge at Camden.
- Establish an upstream boundary for commercial fishing at the Arkansas Highway 367 bridge on the Little Red River near Searcy.
- Comments on the proposed changes can be made to the AGFC commissioners before their Aug. 21 meeting at Little Rock.
Police are investigating a burglary turned shooting Sunday night at…
News of an officer involved shooting has put people in the River…
More than 150 runners completed 144 combined miles Sunday saluting…