LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson shared his thoughts on a shooting that occurred near Washington, D.C. in the town of Alexandria, Virginia.
Reports show five people were shot by a gunman during a congressional charity baseball practice Wednesday morning. The suspect reportedly targeted Republican politicians and U.S. Capitol police.
Those shot have been identified as:
- Matt Mika, a lobbyist for Tyson Foods who sometimes practices with the team
- Representative Steve Scalise (R-La)
- Congressional staffer Zach Barth
- Congressional police force member Krystal Griner
- Congressional police force member David Bailey
Two of those five people are reported to be in critical condition.
Federal law enforcement sources identified the shooter as James Hodgkinson, 66, of Belleville, Illinois. He has died from his injuries.
Watch Governor Hutchinson's response to the incident above.
President Bill Clinton was back in the place he once called home.
She says she's proud of her dad and how he helped defend…
A grieving mother pleads for someone to come forward with answers…