No Arrest Yet in Little Rock Triple Homicide

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - One day after a mother and her two children are found murdered in their home, investigators have been back at the scene inside an apartment as the search for the killer intensifies.

Mariah Cunningham, 24 and her two kids, A'Laylaih Fisher Fisher, 5, and Elijah Fisher, 3, were found dead Tuesday afternoon at Rosewood Apartments just off Lancaster Rd. near 65th Street.

We learned on Wednesday that the father of the children was arrested earlier in the day on charges unrelated to the case.

Gregory Fisher was booked into the Pulaski County Regional Detention Facility.

We're told he arrived in town hours before the bodies were found.

"This is something off a movie or something," says Leightreona Frazer, Gregory Fisher's girlfriend.

Processing something like these killings...takes time.

"This is a tragedy in every sense of the word," says Michael Poore, Little Rock School District Superintendent.

"They're coming 31 hours just to see their kids and can't even do that," continues Frazer.

She says the couple traveled from Portland, Oregon to Christmas shop with Fisher's children.

"We got here, I want to say Monday night like around 9, maybe 10 o'clock," she says.

Little Rock Police say Cunningham and the children were last heard from Monday evening.

"He was at his sister's house and he called me crying saying that someone put on social media that his kids had passed away," Frazer adds.

Police were called after Cunningham's grandmother went to pick up the kids from school and they weren't there.

LRSD Supt. Poore says extra counselors have been called in.

"When you have something like this happen, it not only affects that family and the feelings we have for them, but it also affects the larger families of those elementary schools and pre-schools," he says.

Fisher's cousin says the 29-year-old moved to the West Coast earlier this year. 

"For you want to do something for your kids -- you know what I'm saying. It ain't around here," says Demario Hervey.

There are many questions without answers...but Frazer says one thing is certain.

"That's all he talked about the whole time we've been in Portland... he cried... I miss my kids. I know he didn't do nothing like that," she says.

Police officials have not yet named a suspect in the case, but say everyone is on their radar.

The mother's car was reported missing but police found it several hours later abandoned about 10 minutes up the road.

Anyone with information about the case is urged to call the Little Rock Police Department.

More Stories

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Latest News

  • KARK 4 News

  • KARK 4 News

  • KARK 4 News Mobile App

  • Arkansas Storm Team Mobile App