New Details Released in LR Officer-Involved Shooting

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - New information has been released by police about a Thursday officer-involved shooting on the city's southwest side.

The Little Rock Police Department (LRPD) says officers were sent to 5201 Geyer Springs Rd. shortly after midnight on an unknown trouble call. They were told there was a woman inside an apartment who was bleeding. 

The incident report states that Alexandria Goforth, 25, told officers that Jeromy Henderson had come into her apartment through the kitchen window and then attacked her with a board and a knife, cutting her on the neck and stomach. She also told officers that he assaulted her with a broken table leg. Officers could see blood in the apartment and the weapons that Goforth had described. She was taken to the hospital for treatment.  
As officers investigated the incident, they were told by people at the apartment complex that there were several people involved in the incident who were still in the area. One of these individuals was detained as information was developed that he had been a “look out” when the incident occurred. 
Officers were then approached by another individual who told them that the suspect in the attack was hiding behind a church across the street from the complex. Sergeant Zachary Farley and Officer Stephen Lichti responded to the church at 6004 W. 53rd St. and found Henderson on the north side of the building, hiding behind some wooden pallets. 

The LRPD says that as the officers approached the church, Henderson emerged quickly with his arms extended out as if he had a weapon. The officers could see a dark colored object in his hands. Both officers fired their service weapons, striking Henderson multiple times. He fell to the ground and was taken into custody. A cell phone was recovered near him, but no weapon was found. Officers called for an ambulance and Henderson was taken to UAMS for treatment.  

Little Rock homicide detectives responded to investigate the officer-involved shooting. Police say it was initially reported that the victim had been sexually assaulted, but that was later determined not to have happened.  
The investigation revealed that Goforth allowed Henderson to stay at her apartment but that they were not in a relationship. Henderson had been asked to leave the previous day by management of the apartment complex.  
The individual who was detained was interviewed by detectives and released without any charges, pending the outcome of the investigation.  
Henderson, 22, of North Little Rock was reported to be in critical but stable condition on Friday morning and is expected to survive his injuries. Felony charges are pending upon his release from the hospital.    
Sgt. Farley was hired as a Little Rock Police officer in Feb. 2001 and Officer Lichti was hired in Feb. 2002. Both have been placed on administrative leave. The investigation continues.

More Stories

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Latest News

  • KARK 4 News

  • KARK 4 News

  • KARK 4 News Mobile App

  • Arkansas Storm Team Mobile App