Family of Man Murdered in LR New Year's Day 2016 Seeking Public's Help in Finding His Killer

LITTLE ROCK, Ark -- Two years after a Little Rock man is gunned down on New Year's Day, his killer has yet to brought to justice.

The deadly shooting happened just a few hours after the ball dropped to ring in 2016.

Each tick of the new year is a second Maxine White prays will bring her closer to getting justice for her son.

"It's just a like a shut up bone of fire and grief ... suffering and pain and agony ... It's just irritating," said White.

Early that morning LRPD found White's son, Terry Jones, 32, shot inside his car near Bragg and 22nd street.

"I didn't want to believe that," said White. "I just wanted to get there and hold his hand and tell him it was going to be alright."

Her son, who was an army vet, truck driver and father, passed away shortly before she reached the hospital.

"This was the worst blow I've ever had ... ever experienced in my life," said White.

A man was arrested a few months after Jones' murder, but prosecutors dropped the charges after  a witness recanted their story.

"There's no doubt in my mind that's the person that took my son's life," said White.

Her family recently put a billboard up near Roosevelt and I-530 ... reminding people who see it that Jones' murder is unsolved and asking anyone with information for help.

"There are those out there that know the person that did it," said White.

For now, she gets by being a grandmother to Jones' only child, Treasure, 4.

"I love her with all my heart," said White.

She holds on to hope that one day she'll truly celebrate a new year knowing justice has been served.  

"I know it's going to come to pass," said White. "I don't know when or how, but I know God is able."

White said there is a reward for arrest and conviction of the person responsible for Jones' murder.

More Stories

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Latest News

  • KARK 4 News

  • KARK 4 News

  • KARK 4 News Mobile App

  • Arkansas Storm Team Mobile App