SHERWOOD, Ark. -- A family home catches fire not once but twice within 24 hours. It happened on Laramie Drive near in Sherwood. Rubble and charred debris. "It's a big shock," says Toshia Stevens. "I loved this house."
Where Stevens and her family spent 14 years of their lives."I would never have thought in a million years." Stevens says she was home Thursday afternoon, when she smelled fumes. "I opened up the garage door and all this smoke came rushing in."
Frantically, Stevens and her family rushed out of their home."We just grabbed things, babies and ran." The family says they went to a hotel, but got disturbing news overnight, that another fire engulfed the home, destroying all of their belongings. "I just thought I would come back and get them but I guess their gone."
While Stevens says she's still in disbelief looking at what's left from the fire."I'm glad it happened at night and not during the day."She's moving forward, thankful her family was able to make it out unharmed. "It's going to be hard, but at least we are safe."
The family says the fire may have been due to electrical problems. They say the Sherwood community and staff at the Indianhead Baptist Church helped provide them with donations and a place to stay for a few days.
If you'd like to help the family, friends have set up a GoFundMe page to help them get back their lost belongings.
Coach Chad Morris' energy and enthusiasm have reenergized the…
To say it's been a wild few weeks on The Hill might be an…
With 2018 just a few weeks away, congressional candidates are also…