LITTLE ROCK, Ark - A former gang member, community advocate and father of a murdered teen has been arrested on gun and drug charges.
Chris Alexander, 41, was booked into the Pulaski County Jail late Tuesday night.
Alexander's 14-year-old son Cyncere Alexander was shot and killed at a West Little Rock apartment complex back in July.
The former Crip was taken into custody after police say they found marijuana and rifles, along with body armor.
Alexander is facing around a dozen charges, including:
- Possession of drugs and firearm
- Possession of firearms by certain persons
- Criminal possession of body armor
- Possession of/Manufacturing drug paraphernalia or counterfeit controlled substance
- Criminal Use of Prohibited Weapon
- Unauthorized Use of Another Property to Facilitate a Crime
- Possession of Controlled Substance Schedule I, II
- Failure to Appear/Comply
Officers say they found seven large bags of marijuana in his car and then when they went to his business on S. James St. in Jacksonville, investigators reported finding three rifles and around seven pounds of pot, as well as digital scales. One of the rifles reportedly had a sawed-off barrel, according to Alexander's arrest affidavit.
Alexander, a convicted felon, has a Nov. 8 court date.
With 2018 just a few weeks away, congressional candidates are also…
It was a clean sweep for KARK and Fox16 personalities Friday night at…
49-year-old Robert Jones is in custody after allegedly firing a gun…