AR Lineman Nearly Electrocuted Working to Restore Power in Georgia

OCILLA, GA (WALB) -A Arkansas lineman was injured while working on a power line in Georgia on Wednesday.

Marshal Freeman was on West 6th Street in Ocilla  working with Southern Electric Corporation, an electrical company out of Fullwood, Mississippi, when he was nearly electrocuted.

The company has been helping Georgia Power restore electricity for residents in the area after Tropical Storm Irma came through Monday.

Freeman was taken to the Augusta Burn Unit for his injuries and is listed being in serious condition. 

Officials from both Georgia Power confirmed to KARK that Freeman was from Arkansas and released the following statement.

“The injured lineman was not a Georgia Power employee. The safety of Georgia Power crews and all of the personnel working with us around the clock to restore power for customers following Hurricane Irma is our top priority. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of the lineman.”

 

We'll have more information as this continues to develop. 

 


More Stories

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Latest News

  • KARK 4 News

  • KARK 4 News

  • KARK 4 News Mobile App

  • Arkansas Storm Team Mobile App