Little Rock, Arkansas -
LITTLE ROCK, AR (News release) - The Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department (AHTD) reminds drivers to visit IDriveArkansas.com before traveling over the Labor Day weekend.
Extensive highway improvements continue in the state. With those improvements come work zones. To aid in your holiday travel, AHTD has been working hard to open as many lanes as possible. Still, travelers will likely face work zones and possible delays due to increased traffic volume.
Drivers are urged to plan ahead by visiting IDriveArkansas.com for the latest travel information. The website includes live traffic flow, weather information, and details on construction zones. Travelers can also follow us on Twitter @AHTD.
Below is a list of Arkansas’ major lane closures during the holiday:
- I-40 - Crittenden Co., W. Memphis, Mile markers 277-282, one lane closed for 5 miles in both directions
- I-40 - Pope Co., Russellville, Mile markers 77-81, one lane closed for 4 miles in both directions
- I-40 - Monroe Co., Biscoe, Mile markers 205-210, one westbound lane closed for 5 miles
- I-530 - Pulaski/Saline Co., Hensley, Mile markers 9-16, one lane closed for 7 miles in both directions
- U.S. 67 - White Co., Bald Knob, Mile markers 50-55, one lane closed for 5 milesin both directions
4 hours ago
It gives some people comfort to know there's help on the other…
An elementary school parent's car was broken into early Friday…