Benton, Arkansas -
BENTON, AR (News release) - Central Arkansas Development Council (CADC) announces its Head Start Centers in five counties in Central Arkansas will be open in 2014-15 school year and are currently accepting applications for enrollment.
Head Start Centers in Saline, Hot Spring, Pike, Clark and Montgomery counties will receive applications during regular business hours at the following locations:
- Benton Head Start Center, 321 Edison Avenue. Call (501) 315-6456
- Harmony Grove Head Start Center, 115 School Road (Haskell). Call (501) 776-1697
- Paron Head Start Center, 16494 W. 12th Street. Call (501) 594-5668
- Shannon Hills Head Start Center, 11925 County Line Road. Call (501) 455-4932
Hot Spring County:
- Malvern Head Start, 1735 E. Sullenberger in Malvern. Call (501) 337-1502
- Bismarck Head Start, 2078 Arlie Moore Road in Bismarck. Call (501) 865-1882
- Magnet Cove Head Start, 21977 Hwy 51 in Magnet Cove. Call (501)332-6906
- Murfreesboro Head Start, 120 E. Court, Suite B. Call (870) 285-3351
- Delight Head Star, 621 E. Cherry Street. Call (870) 379-2270
- Glenwood Head Start, 747 Lakeshore Drive. Call (870) 356-4780
- Kirby Head Start, 2614 Hwy 27 North. Call (870) 398-5462
- Bismarck Head Start, 2078 Arlie Moore Road. Call (501) 865-1882
- Amity Head Start, 213 North Clark. Call (870) 342-5358
- Arkadelphia Head Start, 321 North 23rd Street. Call (870) 246-8931
- Gurdon Head Start, 410 East Main. Call (870) 353-6616
- Mt. Ida Head Start, 156 Senior Drive. Call (870) 867-3722.
CADC Head Start is a free comprehensive child and family development program for low-income families. The main focus is to increase the school readiness of young children. It is designed to help parents and caregivers be empowered to self sufficiency. Children enrolled have access to educational resources, as well as health and dental services, nutritional services, and social services.
Head Start's services include early reading and writing, kindergarten readiness, health and nutrition screening, vision and hearing screening, nutritious meals and snacks, disabilities services and family services. While CADC does not provide transportation services, it will assist families in seeking public transportation.
To be eligible to enroll in the Head Start program, a child must be three or four years old. The family must also meet income guidelines. Verification of family income, child’s birth certificate and immunization records are required to complete an application.
In the fall, Saturdays at Razorback Stadium are filled with plenty of…
Unit also filed 348 felony charges, seized drugs in 31 cases, 10 cars…
During a special session last year, lawmakers devised a plan to fix…