Inhaling Alcohol

Published 04/24 2009 05:33AM

Updated 05/30 2010 03:26PM

Inhaling Alcohol
If you think your teen has to drink alcohol to get high, think again. One of the latest trends isn't drinking alcohol, it's inhaling it. Teens will put dry ice into a cup, pour alcohol over it, inhale deeply through the nose and mouth, and the vapors from the alcohol travel directly to the brain. Consuming alcohol this way includes inhaling carbon dioxide from the dry ice. The resulting high is a product of the poisonous carbon dioxide from the dry ice and the alcohol. Inhaling alcohol can be very dangerous and even deadly because teens have no way of measuring the amount of alcohol they are consuming.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Featured Business