• 2 cups quick-cooking grits
• 2 1/2 cups grated extra-sharp Cheddar
• 1 stick unsalted butter
• 1 tablespoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
• 2 jalapenos, finely diced
• 1/4 cup canned chopped green chiles
• Garlic salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook the grits according to the directions on the back of the package. Remove from the heat and add next 5 ingredients (Cheddar through chilies). Stir well and season with garlic salt, to taste.
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1 1/4 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
• 2 large cloves garlic, minced
• Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
• Juice of 1/2 lemon, plus wedges for serving
• 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley
• Salt and pepper
Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, garlic and cayenne, if using, and cook, tossing, until the shrimp are pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and add 2 tablespoons water, the lemon juice and parsley; stir to coat the shrimp with the sauce and season with salt and pepper. Divide the grits among shallow bowls and top with the shrimp and sauce. Serve with lemon wedges.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.