If you're looking for a new way to cook them up, we're making an easy apple dumpling dessert.
Chef Franklin Dye with US Foods supplies the recipe and shows us how to make it.
Easy Apple Dumpling Dessert
1- 8 ounce can crescent dinner rolls
1 each granny smith apple peeled cored and cut into 8 wedges
½ cup butter
¾ cup light brown sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¾ cup mountain dew soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. unfold the cresent rolls
3. Place an apple wedge on the wide edge of each dough triangle and roll up maintaining the croissant shape as much as possible.
4. Place the dumplings in an baking dish
5. Take the sugar and cinnamon and mix together. Sprinkle on top of the crescents.
6. Drizzle the butter melted next on top of the crescents.
7. Finish with pouring the Mountain Dew over the crescents. Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.