Little Rock, Arkansas -
LITTLE ROCK, AR (News release) - Central Arkansas Development Council will distribute USDA Commodities Thursday, December 12 beginning at 9 a.m. in Pulaski County at the following locations:
- Promiseland Church Ministries, 4520 South University Avenue in Little Rock
- St. Mark Baptist Church, 5722 W. 12th Street in Little Rock
- River City Ministries, 1021 Washington in NLR
- St. Francis House, 2701 S. Elm Street in Little Rock
- St. John Baptist Church, 2501 S. Main Street in Little Rock
- Nathaniel Hill Complex, 2500 E. 6th Street in Little Rock
- Building a Better Life Mentor, 1924-A West Main Street in Jacksonville
- First Baptist Church, 15320 Alexander Road in Alexander
- First Baptist Church, 508 Hwy 365 in Woodson
- Wrightsville City Hall, 13022 Hwy 365 South in Wrightsville
The food items to be distributed may include peaches, carrots, spaghetti sauce, vegetarian beans, rotini pasta and applesauce.
All customers receiving commodities must present identification. To be eligible to receive USDA commodities, income guidelines must be met. The income guidelines for this program are based on 130 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Based on these guidelines, a one person household must make less than $14,937 per year to qualify for this program. For each additional family member, add $5,226.
All donations benefit the Arkansas Foodbank.
The focus is not only on education but nutrition too.